Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hair Growth and Hair Loss

In recent years, more and more people, especially men, have encountered problems related to premature balding. Indeed, hair loss is one of the most common beauty and health issues today. While the hair loss phenomenon continues to plague the nation, you can rest easy knowing there is something you can turn to in order to cope and defeat this dilemma.

Hair Growth and Hair Loss

Normally, the growth cycle of human hair goes on for two to three years, with each hair strand growing up to approximately a centimeter every month. At any one time, 90% of hair found on your scalp grows, while the remaining 10% takes a break and simply stops to grow. This 10% ten falls out in three to four months’ time, allowing new hair to come out and grow in its place. So you see, losing hair strands is actually normal.

Everyone experiences this as part of their hair’s natural life cycle. But at one point or another, some people lose more hair than the normal amount – and more often than expected. This leads to a hair loss problem, and when this happens to you, you should take it upon yourself to look for ways to make hair grow faster. Otherwise, you could end up bald sooner than you think.

Age-old Traditions
There are many ways for you to help hair grow faster. First you should turn to the oldest trick in the book for natural hair growth: Vitamin A, in particular, plays a big role in the production of sebum, a substance that makes hair come out soft and smooth, fights dandruff, and takes dirt off the scalp. Less than the right amount of sebum will cause hair loss, but be careful because more than the right amount will block hair follicles, promoting even more hair loss. Good sources of Vitamin A include yellow and orange fruits and veggies, such as mango, squash, orange, carrot, and sweet potato.

Vitamin E also helps in the prevention of hair loss. It is essential in the promotion of proper blood circulation, allowing the scalp to increase its absorption of oxygen. Vitamin E can be found in different oils, such as corn oil, sunflower oil, almond oil, and soybean oil. Finally, complete your natural hair treatment with the B vitamins, hemoglobin enhancers and known sources of protein and folic acid. B vitamins can be found in chicken meat, pork, beef, peas, beans, and lentils.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Baldness and Remedies

Hair loss as it is commonly understood is losing the hairs from the head. Medically, the hair loss refers to the baldness or alopecia. This is losing the hairs from the scalp in abundant quantity. Generally, losing 50-100 hairs per day can be considered as a normal physiological procedure as all those hairs can be replaced with new growing hairs. Hair loss becomes significant when one starts losing more than that figure of hairs a day

1. Massaging of scalp:-gentle rubbing or massaging the scalp helps you to get healthy hair root and active sebaceous glands. Blood circulations also get normal which cause healthy and shiny hair. After shampooing your hair with cold water massage your scalp with the tip of your finger so that blood circulation gets energized. It will help you to fight against dry hair root and massive hair fall.

2. There are lots of ayurvedic remedies that can help you to make your hair strong and less vulnerable. You can try mustard oil with henna leaves. Burn 250grams mustard oil with 60grams henna leaves. You have to boil this mixture and then can preserve this mixture. Apply this mixture gently on your scalp.

3.You can use onion to fight against hair fall. Onion juice with honey helps basically to fight against baldness. Onion contains vitamin-B6. And this vitamin is beneficial for growing of new hair.

4.Applying coconut oil and coconut milk over scalp is beneficial in the treatment of hair loss. What we call today hot oil treatment is one of the oldest home therapies for hair losing. Heat the mixture and apply over your hair.
5.Another useful home remedy for hair loss is using the paste of liquorice. It can be made by grinding the liquorice pieces in the milk with a pinch of saffron. The paste should be applied over the bald patches at night before retiring to the bed. This works wonderfully for treating alopecia condition.